IT Strategic Planning
What should your information
technology foundation look like in 3 to 5 years?
What disruptive business or technology trends can be
exploited to improve your competitive position or profitability?
These are the questions that every CIO should be asking
themselves. The answers to these questions shape the policies and projects that should be considered and planned today to
support tomorrow's business.
Aligning IT's strategic plan with the organization's master
strategic plan is critical to maximizing IT's contribution to
overall objectives. IT's plans document how IT is going to
support the business's strategic goals and provide short term
guidance to the IT group for evaluating new projects and
Ask yourself the following questions about your strategic
- Are IT's goals linked to the company's overall goals and
- Do we revise the IT strategic plan when the company's
plan is updated?
- Do we revise the plan annually to reflect changes in IT
and the business?
- Is the plan used during the year to guide other efforts?
- Do we include operational goals as well as growth goals
in the plan?
- Is the strategic plan more than a "doorstop"?
If you answer "no" to any of these questions, then you should
consider whether your strategic planning process is
effective or if you are just wasting time and killing trees. We
can help you rebuild that process to be effective, efficient,
Contact us today for more
information and a free one hour review of your
strategic plan and process.